All I am for all He is

My journey to intimacy with God.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Is the devil winning the media war?

I recently saw a blog hat stated: Why are Christians so afraid to share their faith? (or something to that effect) It made me question why I am hesitant to share my faith. I often wait a long time before sharing with new people that I am a christian. One reason is that I worry that I will immediately be considered judgmental and critical. My opinion of most christians is that they are judgmental and critical. However, the reality of my experience is that since I met the Lord in England I have met many incredible christians who are extremely loving and kind. So why do I think most christians aren't like that. TV and Media. Drama and news stories. How many tv shows are there where Christians are portrayed in a positive sense? How many news reports are there that tell of the many incredible acts of love and kindness that christians are constantly performing outside the spotlight? Its time I stop agreeing with media portrayals of christians. Its time I stop so quickly verbally consenting to such opinions and tell the world of the joy that Jesus has brought to my heart and the incredibly family I have found in the body of Christ all over the world.

4 Comments:

Blogger paul's bell said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 22, 2006  
Blogger paul's bell said...

I deleted my comment b/c I didn't like what I wrote.
I agree that the media portrays us as judgemental and critical. Some of us are though. I went to a church full of them years ago.
I think how a person views God plays into to too. If a person thinks God is critical and judgemental, then they will put that on those who follow Him too.
I have areas in my life where I act very 'unchristian-like'. Like in the car. I refuse to have a fish symbol b/c of it.
I guess if you are going to be upfront with people, you need to be prepared to be watched by them for any slip up.

November 22, 2006  
Blogger paul's bell said...

Sorry for the typo. The sentence is supposed to be ...views God plays into it too.

November 22, 2006  
Blogger paul's bell said...

I was wrong when I wrote about needing to be prepared to be watched if we are upfront about being a Christian. While we may be watched carefully, we also can't give into that fear and stay quiet. We need to trust God that He will work it out.
You were right and I was wrong. I'm sorry.

December 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home