All I am for all He is

My journey to intimacy with God.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Believing God

Matthew 7.7. "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8. "For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened." (NASV, 1995 Update)

John 14.13. "Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.'(NASV, 1995 Update)

Mark 11.24. "Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be {granted} you.'(NASV, 1995 Update)

I was reading these scriptures this morning as part of a Beth Moore Bible Study. (Yes, I'm a guy doing a women's Bible Study. I am not ashamed because its POWERFUL!) As I was reading the scriptures as well as how God worked powerfully in the life of George Muller who chose to believe them, it dawned on me how much I pray and how little I may reflect back on what I have prayed. I look through my journal and I see prayers that I prayed a while ago which have been answered. It wasn't until I looked back and saw the prayers that I could see how God had answered them. Most of my prayers I don't write down but come through the hurry of the day. Mnay of them I even forget. What if I were to dramatically decrease how many things I pray for and focus on the things I really want to believe for? Life is filled with so much hurry. Prayer should never be hurried (except when that car is going the wrong way on the highway and headed straight for you.) Dear Lord Jesus, please help me to ask less but believe more. Please help me be attentive to what I have prayed and show me scriptures to guide my prayers. Thank you Jesus for the love you show in answering our prayers and the joy that comes when it happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home